Hennis Care Centre
Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
We have summarized our responsibilities and your rights on this first page. For a complete description of our privacy practices, please review this entire notice.
We are required to:
· Maintain the privacy of your health information
· Provide you with a notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we collect and maintain about you
· Abide by the terms of this notice
· Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction
· Accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health information by alternative means or at alternative locations.
Your have several rights with regard to your health information, including the following:
· The right to request that we not use or disclose your health information in certain ways.
· The right to request to receive communications in an alternative manner or location.
· The right to access and obtain a copy of your health information.
· The right to request an amendment to your health information.
· The right to an accounting of disclosures of your health information.
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices and to make the new provisions effective for all protected health information we maintain. Should our privacy practices change, we will post the changes on the bulletin board in our facility. In addition, we will mail you a revised notice.
We will not use or disclose your health information without your authorization, except as described in this notice.
If you have questions and would like additional information, you may contact the facility’s Privacy Officer at (330) 364-8849.
Who Will Follow This Notice
This notice describes the practices of our nursing facility and of the following persons and entities:
· Any health care professional authorized to enter information into your medical chart.
· All departments and units of this facility.
· Any volunteer and/or contractor who provide services to you while you are in our facility.
· All employees, staff and other facility personnel.
· The following classes of providers and suppliers and their employees: laboratories; physical; occupational; speech; and respiratory therapy providers; transportation providers; radiology providers; pharmacies; audiology providers; dietary providers; and medical supply companies.
· The following classes of individual health care providers: attending physicians; optometrists; ophthalmologists; dentists; podiatrists; psychologists; and psychiatrists.
All of the persons and entities noted above will f